Sunday, January 1, 2012

Taking a deep breath

I am having some difficulty finding out when his process really starts. We have a meeting scheduled with our layer and her team on Wednesday. At this meeting we are going to discuss the fees, open up escrow, and discuss our answers to the questionnaire that we filled out. This was not your typical q&a. It forces you to put your choices in black and white. Most of the questions are ones that you would love to pass on if you are in any type of social setting. It comes straight out and asks you about your preferences for race and religion of the carrier. It also has multiple questions on terminating a pregnancy under a few different scenarios, and your felleings on selective reduction. Opinions are very easy to have and typically they don't cost you anything. But in this case it could impact the cioion of a gestational carrier choosing my wife and I. So i am guessing that a potention GC is going to review our submit tall package and decide if this is someone that they might be interested in. I would be lying if I said that I did not at least think about how someone reading our responses might react. Ultimately we put down our beliefs in a clear, non emotional way that described what we wou,d do under certain circumstances around the three trimesters and what we would do in cases when the health of the GC is in jeopardy. Or, if there is a health risk to the fetus. I really did not like spelling that out, but we did as we were told. I have shared my opinions on the whole right to choose issue before, but I have never put. It into an official document for people to see and judge me based on that opinion. It was a lot more tormenting that I thought that it would be. Right now I am in a position that I think that we will be picked by a few potentional GC's, I just still have doubts about this whole thing working out and having a baby at the end. Fertility has taken a tole on me and it is hard not to feel snake bitten. On my week off from work I have really gotten very excited about starting this and feel like I am jumping in with both feet, with out looking what is below me. As long as I am molding my wifes hand and my son in my arms when we land, we will get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment